Bachelor of Arts in English
To be admitted to the LSUA Bachelor of Arts in English online program, applicants must meet the following admission requirements.
Louisiana Resident Applicants must meet all of the following:
- Completion of LA Core 4 Curriculum, or its equivalent at time of high school graduation
- High school GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Require no Developmental Courses
- Either 2.0 GPA, or greater in Core Courses, or ACT Composite of 20* or greater
Requirements for no Developmental Courses
- ACT English subscore of 18 or higher
- SAT Reading Score of 450 or higher
- COMPASS Writing Score of 68 or higher
- ACT Math subscore of 19 or higher
- SAT Math subscore of 460 or higher
- COMPASS Algebra Score of 40 or higher
*SAT equivalent: Math + Reading = 940 or higher
Non-Louisiana Residents and Home School Applicants must meet all of the following:
- Meet requirements above or
- Complete 17 of 19 required units in HS, have a 2.0 or greater HS GPA, require no Developmental Courses, and ACT Composite of 20, or
- ACT Composite of 23 or greater, or SAT Combination of Math and Reading of a 1050, and require no Developmental Courses (see requirements above)
- Must have earned 12 non-developmental course hours from a regionally accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater
- Must have completed a college-level English and Math course designed to fulfill general education requirements.
*Students transferring with fewer than 12 non-developmental hours, or students transferring from schools not regionally accredited, must have at least a 2.0 college GPA and meet First-Time Freshmen criteria.